If we go on checking on people, we will mostly find them having some or the other kind of illness or health conditions. The majority of them have lifestyle diseases like higher blood pressure, diabetes, etc. However, whatever the illness is, these people need to visit the doctor often for regular checkups or consultations. This ultimately costs a lot since many times the doctors end up changing or adding medicines. Since most of us are already burdened with so many responsibilities, saving money on medicines and consultation fees will not be a bad idea. But how do you do that? Well, one of the easiest ways for this is buying a health insurance policy.
When you make up your mind to purchase a health insurance policy and you try to take a look, you will come across various options in the market. As a result, it can be too confusing. Therefore, you must consider the one that gives you maximum coverage like TATA AIG health insurance. You also need to check the claim settlement ratio of the company before you finalize it. So, let us today discuss TATA AIG health insurance here.
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is basically a joint venture between two companies, Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). The company started its journey on 22nd January 2001 and celebrated its 20th birthday in 2020. Today, it is one of the topmost insurance companies in India.
As we talk about the Tata AIG health insurance claim settlement ratio, it is 76.04% at present. The process of claim settlement is quite customer-friendly. Once you have a health insurance policy of Tata AIG, you can very easily register a claim and settle it. The company has a competent team of claim settlement professionals, who will guide as well as help you through quick claim settlement. During the time of need, the company ensures on enabling ultimate favor to their customers, who are policyholders also. The best thing about having a Tata AIG health insurance policy is that you will get cashless claims as well as a reimbursement claim facility.
Also read> In this concern, the United States launched a stunning Home Depot health check app. Actually, Home Depot is the large and best retail business in the US having over 500,000 employees that supply products, tools and, other services.
The claim process for cashless treatment
For a cashless claim, you do not need to pay anything at all in order to settle the medical bill, in case you are hospitalized in any of the network hospitals. The Tata AIG cashless claims are acted upon within 4 hours. These benefits can be availed upon in over 3000 network hospitals of the company. The guidelines mentioned herein below have to be followed:
- The first step that needs to be followed is to find the network facility of Tata AIG in your city or the city where you want to get your cashless treatment
- If it is a planned hospitalization, the Third Party Insurer (TPA) has to be intimated within 48 hours of hospitalization. If it is an emergency, the TPA has to be informed in 24 hours
- When you visit the hospital, you must carry your Tata AIG cashless card and also a photo ID proof. Both of these have to be shown on the insurance desk of the same hospital
- You will be required to fill in the pre-authorization request form which you can find at the hospital and submit it at the same hospital.
- Once the identity of the policyholder is checked, the pre-authorization request form is sent by the network hospital to Tata AIG
- Tata AIG will then inform the hospital as well the policyholder about the conformation, mostly via e-mail
- Once all the formalities are done and the claim is approved, the medical bill is settled by the insurance company.
To know more about cashless settlement and health insurance policies, you can visit the website of IIFL.