If you are looking for a more effective way to download torrent files but are confused between seedboxes and VPN, then don’t worry! You aren’t the only one in this boat. In today’s day and age, millions of torrent users around the world are often faced by this very same predicament. Hence, this piece has been put together to make life easier for everyone. In this piece, we will through the different pros of seedboxes and VPNs so that the readers are able to make an informed decision for themselves.
Let’s begin with the basics first.
VPN or Virtual Private Network is meant to establish an encrypted connection with other networks over the world wide web. They are very effective in hiding hosting addresses from others which helps the users in accessing region-restricted websites.
What are Seedboxes?
On the other hand, A seedbox is nothing but a remote server that is hosted in a high-speed data center. Seedboxes allow users the ability to upload and download torrent files anonymously, privately, and safely.
Can Seedboxes replace VPNs?
To conclusively arrive at which option is better than the other, we will have to go through the benefits of both seedboxes and VPNs.
Benefits of Seedboxes
- Speed: Seedboxes make the usage of BitTorrent protocols that are primarily meant for peer-to-peer file sharing in the digital medium. All the files that people download through seedboxes are delivered to them using these BitTorrent protocols. This is one of the main reasons for the high speed of the server. Seedboxes are remote servers that are hosted in data centers that have high-bandwidth which ranges from 10Mbps to 1Gbps which is more than sufficient for uploading and downloading large files.
- Privacy Demand: Privacy is one of the biggest concerns for most torrent users around the world and seedboxes take care of all these privacy issues which is the reason for the soaring popularity of seedboxes in the first place. Since the IP address is hidden, there are very few instances of data breaching or hacking. Regardless of the expertise or experience of the hacker, it is very difficult for them to trace the IP address of seedboxes.
- Seeding: Most serious torrent users are more concerned about seeding than downloading. They need to maintain good ratios for their membership otherwise there’s a high risk of their accounts withering away and dying. With the help of seedboxes, it is very easy to achieve ratios of 1:1 in the very first hour. When you begin using seedboxes, you won’t to seed a file for days and weeks to be in the good books of your private tracker. With seedboxes, you can easily add new files, delete existing files and replace them, as and when you desire to do so.
Benefits of VPN
- Hide IP address: Just like seedboxes, VPNs are also very effective in hiding IP addresses from hackers. So even the most expert and experienced hacker will be unable to find the actual destination of the server, regardless of how hard he tries.
- Geo-restrictions: VPNs are very effective in making geo-restrictions on both digital content and the overall website. Due to this particular feature of VPN, they are extensively used by streaming sites like Netflix.
- Encrypted Network Solution: Just like the name implies, VPNs offer a highly encrypted network solution to its users. All you need to do is to integrate your server with the VPN and you will be able to get a highly secured network for your device. Once you have added encryption to the traffic, you will be secured from online threats, regardless of you being on public or on a private network. This is one of the main reasons why many users around the world still prefer to use VPNs for their servers.
The Bottom Line
VPNs are amazing but if you are in the market looking for a remote server that can help in uploading and downloading torrent files, then seedboxes are the way to go. Whether to go for seedboxes or VPN is a question which confronts many torrent users. Over the years, seedboxes have been rapidly growing in usage and popularity but there is still a very healthy percentage of torrent users that just can’t convince themselves to make the shift from VPNs to seedboxes, since VPNs are also pretty effective in maintaining security and preventing online threats. Seedboxes have a lot of benefits over VPNs and the most important benefit is their combination of BitTorrent and command over privacy. So instead of just sticking with VPNs, use Seedboxes instead. If you want to enjoy the best of both worlds, then you can get yourself a Seedbox which is equipped with VPN services.