The higher levels of uric acid in the body are formed when the purines in the food are broken out. It is the natural by-product released after the digestion of purine-rich foods in the body. Usually, this acid is released through the kidneys and urine, but when the body can’t get rid of the uric acid, it can accumulate in the blood and get deposited in the knee joints, toe joints, or the ankles. The medical condition is called gout and the flare-up usually begins at night and can stay for several days and the individuals can experience excruciating pain, swelling, warmth, inflammation, and feel difficulty while moving the joint.
Let’s see in this article a few natural ways to lower the uric acid levels in the body without using medications. Read on to know more about it!
What are the reasons for the increased uric acid levels in the body?
Many reasons can make the uric acid gets deposited in the joints and a few of them are discussed below:
- Increased body weight
- Increased intake of purine-rich foods
- Familial incidences and environmental factors
- Stress can trigger gout
A few health conditions can also pile up uric acid in the joints, and this includes:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Individuals with a family history of stroke
What foods should you eliminate from the diet?
Here is the list of purine-rich foods, which can trigger gout and those include:
- Organ meat
- Red meat
- Seafood like sardines, anchovies
- Green peas
- Dried beans
When to see the doctor?
If you are suffering from intense joint pains, tenderness, lingering discomfort, unable to move your joints, or have swelling and redness, call your doctor immediately as gout left untreated can worsen your pain and may cause joint damage. Your doctor may do a thorough examination and may suggest a blood test and fluid test to check the levels in the blood and an x-ray to rule out the cause. Based on the medical test report and the severity of the symptoms, your doctor may prescribe medications to lower the acid levels in the blood and to reduce the risk of gout. Your doctor may prescribe medications to lower your uric acid levels and if you are searching for discount medicines online India, then worry not! We are here to help you! Buy medicines from a reliable online medicine shop at amazing discounts in the comfort of your home.
The best ways to lower uric acid levels naturally:
Here, we have discussed a few natural ways which you can follow to lower uric acid levels in the body naturally. Read the article and know the lifestyle changes you need to make out to eliminate repeated flares of extreme pain caused by gout:
- Reduce or avoid the intake of purine-rich foods in your diet as it can produce too much uric acid and get released in the blood after digestion. So, excluding from the diet is the best thumb rule you can follow.
- Consume low-purine foods like dairy products, vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, and coffee to lower uric acid levels in the body.
- Keep your body well-hydrated as drinking enough water can flush out the uric acid from your kidneys. So, keep sipping the fluids at regular intervals.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can invite dehydration and trigger uric acid formation in the body. Also, alcoholic beverages like beer are high in purines, hence the best thumbs up rule are to eliminate it.
Also read Some Home Remedies That Do the Trick
- Managing your body weight is a must as it can reduce the risk of gout and lowers stress on the joints. The fat cells in the body can build-up uric acid levels in the body also; increased body weight can make the kidneys difficult to flush uric acid out of the system. Speak to the nutritionist and frame a diet chart that best suits your needs.
- Drinking lime juice can lower your uric levels in the blood. Add the juice of half a lemon in a glass of warm water and drink every day. Also, vitamin C supplements help significantly to reduce uric acid levels in the body. Buy OTC medicines online from a trusted online pharmacy store and get them delivered at your doorstep.
- Adding cherries to your diet can help to reduce gout attacks.
- Avoid sugary products and alcohol as consuming sugary beverages can bulk-up calories along with it, it increases the risk of gout.