Slideshows are quite impactful in a professional or learning environment. When you have a visual aid supporting your speech, it becomes easier for the audience to grasp the concept or message that you are trying to convey.
As most people learn and remember visuals more than anything else, a presentation with text and graphics is a great way to appeal to the audience. Whether you are presenting a lecture or addressing a seminar or your investors, the presentation needs to be effective and impactful. Also, focus on your slide and speech both to ensure your presentation is a knock off.
Let’s focus on creating a perfect slideshow to have the perfect visual aid for your presentation.
1. Make sure your slideshow maker is perfect
There are many tools like Canva slideshow maker in the market that can help you create a powerful slideshow. Choosing one depends on what is right for you, and how do you plan to share it?
Keep in mind factors like how you want to present the slide, if you would like to share it online or not, or present it via Wi-Fi, or whether the software works well with your hardware (Mac or Windows).
Also, make these decisions after understanding the venue. The hardware there may not work with your software, so you will have to take your own. Knowing all these details will ensure your slideshow comes out well and works well too.
2. Don’t let the slides dominate you
The best tip towards making a meticulous slideshow is to keep it minimal yet appealing. If you let the slides dominate the presentation, the audience would not listen to you. Nothing can be worse than that. The slideshow is for the benefit of the audience, to make them know what the key point is, and you should write to them in less than ten words and bullets. Explaining them is your job and if you keep looking at a slide or everything is already on it, people would not pay attention to you.
It is a loss for you both as there may be more to the topic than what is on the slide. And you would not be able to express that due to your audience being distracted.
3. Be picky about your templates
The design of the presentation matters a lot in these competitive times. The best way to be creative with your slide is to use a template. The Canva slide maker provides you with tons of templates that you can customize as per your needs. When picking a template, keep in mind these things:
- Only use templates that you would need. If you don’t need a template with charts and graphs, don’t bother wasting time picking out those, or paying for it if you are not using the free Canva tool.
- The colors of the template should match your brand. Customize it to represent your brand colors for more appeal.
- Lastly, tweak your template a bit to match the content that you are trying to get across.
Also read How Can You Make the Event Productive by Some Media Tips?
4. Follow the 10/20/30 rules
As we said earlier, a slideshow is there for visual aid. Never let it become a crutch so, follow this rule:
- Never use more than 10 slides per presentation. If you have a lot to cover, try to shorten the text or use images to explain the content. If you need to, increase the slide by 10.
- Make sure you practice presenting your slide by assigning exactly 2 minutes to per slide. That means you have 20 minutes for ten slides, and the rest of the time you get for answering questions and more.
- Lastly, make sure that the font size of the content is over 30 points. If you keep it less than that, it would be hard for people to read it with ease.
5. Use perfect supporting images
When you use an image in your slide, you must use the correct one. It should not just be high in quality or relevant to the topic but should be able to convey the message that you want the audience to take away.
Also, use your logo, especially if you are presenting at a meeting or on behalf of your company.
With these five expert tips, you are now ready to create a compelling slideshow. Now, practice presenting it without looking at the slide every minute to engage the audience more.
6 thoughts on “5 Key Tactics Experts Should Use for Slideshow Creation”
Quality content is the main to invite the users to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this web page is providing.
Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.
Wonderful post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our site.
Keep up the good writing.
Very good blog post. I certainly love this website.
Keep it up!
I do consider all the concepts you’ve presented for your
post. They are very convincing and can certainly work. Still,
the posts are too short for newbies. May you please prolong them a little from next time?
Thank you for the post.