Collagen – The Exact Definition:
Collagen is generally a protein present in the body. Each body part has different types of collagen substances like bones, muscles, hair, skin, vessels, tissues, intestines, and many more. They play a major role in the health of one’s body. It is one of the important substances that helps in holding the body together. There are two types of collagen. One is naturally present in the body which is called endogenous collagen. Another one is the artificial ie, man-made collagen called exogenous collagen. The natural collagen called endogenous collagen helps in performing the important parts of the human body. While the man-made collagen in the form of supplements helps in providing additional barriers for curing any medical or skin hair-related issues. They play a wide range of roles in parts of the body like making the bones strong, and also maintaining perfect, healthy skin and hair.
Role of Collagen:
The main role of collagen is to keep the cells and tissues of the body to be connected. Most of us are aware of collagen only because they help in maintaining the skin and hair in a balanced condition. If asked in a specific way, the most common usage is enhancing your lips and wrinkles. But apart from all these, they have been cured of many kinds of medical problems like joint pain, muscle and bone problems, etc. It is most common among women. But, collagens are great for all genders and people above 20 years of age.
Why Collagen Peptide Decreases in The Body:
The collagen level in the body remains during childhood periods. As we age, collagen peptide tends to get normally decreased. But it totally depends on our food intake and lifestyle if they are reduced at a very young age.
Some of the common reasons for a decrease in collagen level are:
- Smoking – This is one of the bad habits that induces and enhances the problem in our body.
- Over Sun Exposure – Make sure to wear sunscreen if you are someone who has to step out after 10.00 AM or be in sunlight for a larger time period. The harsh rays damage the skin and also reduce the loss of collagen when you are under sunlight continuously.
- Genetics – This is something that is out of control and cannot be avoided. But when you maintain a proper and healthy lifestyle, then they can be controlled and prevented.
Uses of Collagen:
- Medical Industry
- Wound Dressing: By the definition, it could be absolutely true that collagen helps in binding and keeping the cells and tissues of the body together. When you are getting dressed for wounds in the body, the collagen wound dressing will give faster and better results than the others. They help in binding the damaged tissues and cure in a faster period of time. Collagen works better on cutting burns, thicken or rotten wounds, chronic wounds, and many
- Tissue Regeneration: Collagen helps in promoting the growth of specific types of cells. For example, it helps in curing and regenerating the tissue cells in gums or teeth for creating a better and smooth barrier. They help better and work well for the regeneration of tissues in the human body.
- Cosmetic Industry
- Fillers: Fillers are been very common and available all over the dermats. Its main aim is to fill and enhance for creating a better or required shape on the skin. If you have deep eyes, these collagen fillers help in enhancing the particular area and uplift the skin to avoid the deep area visibility. Another common usage of fillers is lip fillers. These are quite common among most beauty experts and heroines.
- Skin Boost: Like creams, serums, etc. the collagen helps in maintaining the skin to the next level. It helps in curing wrinkles, and specific issues on the skin. They are available in the form of injections, capsules, and many more. Injections are more effective and give results in a shorter span of time. When talking about capsules, they take some time but work based on the efficiency of the product. It is better to consult a doctor, before consuming collagen if you have any serious medical issues.
You can find that the level of collagen is reduced by the basic symptoms and the visibility in the skin. Excess wrinkles at a younger age, joint pain, dullness in skin, dullness in hair, less hair texture, and many more. They can be avoided when proper nutritious and healthy foods are consumed. Some of the foods are eggs, milk, and related products like cheese, curd, buttermilk, paneer, and many more, vitamin C and Vitamin A-rich foods, etc. If you are looking for a supplement, it is important to analyze and get from a well-reputed and better website. Nutrova collagen supplements are perfect, effective, and result-giving products.