Curly hair is a big trend right now, but what if you don’t have naturally curly hair? Curly wigs are a great solution for this, they are easy to wear, and can give you the biggest and best curls. There are many styles to choose from, short and bouncy, long and flowing, or even curly pixie wigs.
The following article will tell you about the different types of curly wigs, how to choose the best one for you and how to care for your wig.
What are Curly Wigs?
Curly wigs are the easiest type of wig you will ever wear. Just put them on and go! It’s a must-have for any woman who wants to look fabulous with minimal effort. They are by far the most popular style of wig because they allow you to wear your hair in a variety of ways without having to use heat styling or damaging products. The curls can be worn as is, finger-combed for a more natural look, or styled with a wide-tooth comb.
Curly wigs come in various curl patterns and textures. You can get loose waves, tight corkscrews, kinky afro curls, spiral curls, and everything in between. Curly wigs are also available in human hair, synthetic hair, and heat-friendly synthetic hair fibers.
If you want to create an even more natural-looking hairstyle, try a lace front curly wig or monofilament top curly wig. These special types of wigs allow you to blend your hairline for an undetectable finish. Many women even like to wear their colorful wig up when they want to show off their natural complexion.
You have a variety of options when it comes to hair textures, including straight, curly, and wavy. Each can come in several variations such as silky or kinky. When it comes to curls, you have water waves, body waves, loose waves, deep waves, and loose deep waves.
How to choose Curly Wig That Suites You?
When you decide to buy a wig, there are so many types of wigs that you can purchase. Perhaps you have no idea of which wig is the best for you. In this article, we will recommend how to choose curly wigs and help you find the best curly wigs for you.
Choose perfect size
The first thing we should do is to measure what size of your head circumference is. Then, you can find out the wig that suits you.
Choose suitable color and style
It is not difficult to choose a suitable style and color for your colorful curly wig. You can select your favorite style and color according to your daily outfit or your skin tone.
Choose proper material
There are three major materials for wigs, human hair wigs, synthetic fiber wigs, and lace front wigs with human hair or synthetic fiber. All these three materials have their advantages and disadvantages. You can choose one of them according to your needs and budget.
Choose a high-quality brand wig
Many brands can offer high-quality wigs, such as ISEE HAIR. If you want to purchase a high-quality curly wig, you should find a well-known brand in the market.
How to wash curly human hair wigs?
Washing curly human hair wigs must be done with great care to avoid matting, tangling, and loss of curl pattern. Human hair wigs can be washed in the same manner as your hair. Follow these simple steps for how to wash curly human hair wigs.
- Prepare a basin of warm water, mix with shampoo and conditioner.
- Put the wig into the water and soak it for 1-3 minutes.
- Gently press the water through the hair, do not rub or twist the hair to avoid tangling.
- Rinse the wig in running water until all the shampoo is gone.
- Squeeze out excess water and spray wig care solution on a wig, place on a wig stand or Styrofoam head, and allow to air dry naturally. Do not blow-dry or expose yourself to excessive heat.
- Gently brush your curly human hair wig before washing your curly human hair wig, carefully comb out any knots or tangles with a wide-tooth comb.
How often should you wash a curly human hair wig?
You should only have to wash your wig about every 6-8 years, depending on how much you wear it and the activity you’re participating in while wearing it. If you are using wig spray or styling products such as gel, mousse, or hairspray, you will need to wash more frequently because the products will build upon the hair creating tangles and dryness.
How to make curly hair wigs last longer?
The key to making curly hair wigs last longer is caring for them properly. Here are the things you can do to keep your glueless wigs in great shape:
- Avoid heat styling
- Brush from the ends up
- Wash with gentle products
- Dry your wig on a flat surface
- Add light oil throughout the day1.
- Wash your wig every 3-4 weeks but be careful not to brush or comb it when it is wet. If you have to, be gentle and work from the bottom up.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or a special wig brush on it very gently.
- Don’t use regular hair brushes on wigs, as they can damage it easily and destroy its curl pattern.
- Avoid using blow dryers, curling irons, or hot rollers on synthetic wigs as they will ruin the fiber completely!